Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Rap

I'm not really counting this year as my "first mother's day" since little baby k has yet to be born, but even so, I wasn't having a super good day. I was under the weather, very hormonal, and a little bit lonely so I decided to take myself to the movies to see if I could snap myself out of it. That's usually a surefire trick, but it didn't work, so I headed homeward and crawled into bed for a long nap. I texted Michael to let him know I didn't feel up to going out to dinner after all, and I passed out for over two hours. When I woke up, I was feeling slightly better. I came into the kitchen to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a first mother's day card, complete with a little rap he wrote for me, which included the following verse:
Our little pea
gots no idea
just yet
Just how groovy
his momma truly is,
I bet.
But he gon' find out
You're da mommy rock star,
Best ever,
near or far.
In closing,
one more thing to say:
Wicked Happy
Almost
Mother's Day! 
Now how could I not be cheered up by that?!?!

But that wasn't all he had in store...he also made me steak and lobster roll dinner!


And then, we had to go to dorm meeting. I wasn't looking forward to it, but two of the girls gave me a rose for Mother's Day (for being their dorm mother) and another one of the girls gave me this little hat and bootie set she made for Baby K:


 So, in the end, it turned out to be a better day than expected. Yay Michael and dorm girls. =)

No comments: