Friday, February 25, 2011

Pregnancy Underthings

Do they make special socks for those that are preggers? We don't even need to talk about the fact that I can no longer REACH my feet to put socks on. But lately I've noticed that when I take them off at the end of the day (which I can still do fairly easily, oddly) my legs look like...well, I don't know what. They're pasty white, for one thing, as if they've had no blood flow for several hours. And the imprint of any pattern is ingrained in my skin. Michael suggested I get bigger socks, but really...they're size 9-11 and my feet are an 8 at best. Maybe I just need a different fabric? With no elastic at the top?

And while we're on the subject, let's just talk about bras again. Because a few weeks ago, I found exactly one that was comfortable (after trying on 34). And while I was in Florida, my mom and I went bra shopping together since I figured I needed some expert fitting advice. We didn't find ANY that fit well. But lately, I feel like I have severely BRUISED skin/bones/ribs under where my underwire is. I don't know if that's possible, but that's how it feels. I think maybe I need a bra without an underwire. But really--it seems unlikely that I could find a wireless 38D (ish) bra that would actually do what I needed it to in order to be able to wear it to work. And I've looked at the "maternity" bras, which are all really nursing bras and have that nursing feature which I think would drive my skin mad. So...yeah, awesome.

I think it's time to quit my job so I can just give in and go nekkid for the next few months.

2 comments:

Kelly C. said...

Try the Freya brand of bras, they have them at Nordstrom! They have an underwire but its not as constricting as say.. the Le Mystere brand.

Anonymous said...

The band is probably too tight