Thursday, July 21, 2011

Holy crap. How did it get to be midnight-thirty?

Well after sending our car off with the nice AAA man, I was able to shower and feed Milo again and pump before I decided I desperately needed more sleep.  I didn't get out of bed until my alarm went off at 1:30...a half hour before my/Milo's playdate with a friend who has a 6-month-old baby. We were supposed to go to my new favorite French toast joint (doesn't everyone have one of those?) but given the car situation, we had to postpone that plan. However, said friend was kind enough to bring me some burger king take-out, which was a nice consolation prizem especially since I hadn't eaten anything yet today.

We had such a nice time that the hours flew by and before I knew it, it was 5:30! Time to feed Milo (again) and head to our weekly dorm parent BBQ, which was especially nice.

As an experiment, when Milo got hungry, Michael tried to give him a bottle to see if it was just the timing of the night time feeding. But no, he still wouldn't take it. We tried to have someone else give it to him, but no. He took it from me though. =(

Someone in my mom's group suggested Michael wrap him or Milo in a shirt of mine in case the smell of me somehow helped Milo take the bottle. So maybe we'll try that tonight. Everyone keeps reminding me that babies change so quickly that this is not necessarily a permanent shift, which is helpful perspective. It is slightly stressful though, given that a) it means less sleep for me and b) we are currently looking for a nanny, who will need to be able to give Milo a bottle.

Speaking of the nanny search, the girl I interviewed on Monday decided she isn't interested in part time work after all, so we are back to square one. Honestly, I don't feel like it is a huge loss, but it would have been nice to find someone so quickly. I spent a lot of time tonight posting ads and writing to potential nannies, so I guess now we just have to wait and see.

So, after all of that, I didn't even have time/energy to try out the new vacuum and steam mop. Dammit. Foiled by a dead car. (Which, by the way, has a snapped shifting cable, among other problems. It will be ready to get picked up tomorrow at ten, but i have no way of getting there to pick it up, especially with Milo. Tricky. It would have been nice to be able to get out of the house tomorrow.)

So, goals for tomorrow include dying my hair (oooh, tricky! Milo could wake at any moment!) and trying out that steam mop at least, if not the vacuum as well. I also REALLY need to do laundry, as I am out of bamboobies. (those are the washable nursing pads, in case you are unfamiliar.) I really need more of them, but they are ridiculously expensive, and yet the only ones I've found that don't irritate my skin. Maybe eating something before 2 pm is another goal. And calling the lactation consultant!!

I am bone tired for some reason...pretty much asleep already and not really feeling like moving Milo or myself. Holy crap! How did it get to be midnight thirty? I've been up since 7:30 really, with only an hour of wonder I'm tired. Even though I've basically done nothing all day.

Go me.

No comments: