Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Swaddling really works. In case you were wondering.

Milo and I had a really good day today (more on that in the next post) but tonight, right as Michael was getting ready for bed at 11:30, Milo got REALLY fussy. He was crying inconsolably and nothing seemed to help...not even walking,bouncing, and shhing at the same time. I was kind of frustrated that this was happening just as Michael was going to sleep. I mean, the man worked all day and needs to be up at six, and will do a bottle feeding around 3, so he deserves to go to bed. But leaving me with screaming Milo after a full day of mommy-ing left me wanting to cry.

So Michael hands him off to me and I try to get the swaddler ready one handed and wrestle him into it while he's turning bright red and gasping for air in between blood curdling screams.

And I pull that velcro extra tight. My baby is all swaddled up burrito style.

Actually, he looks remarkably like those glow worms we had as children. What happened to them? Those things were so cool!

Anyway, he fell asleep in like two minutes flat.

He just giggled in his sleep. It was the cutest thing ever.

I should probably be using this time to sleep, but he's going to need to eat again soon, so I figured I'd post instead.

Lucky you.

No comments: