Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Where does the time go?

Today it has been raining as if the world were ending. Seriously. There's a state of emergency and the National Guard is in town. The roads are flooded. I got an automated message from the head of school letting us know that our parking lot was flooding and we should attempt to move our cars with care, as some were already in dangerously large lakes of water. Awesome.

Given all that, and the fact that I didn't sleep last night, I told Michael I wanted to have a lock-in tonight. Order pizza or something, go through a chapter or two of Danish, have a hot bath and get to bed early.

But then I worked late and didn't get a nap. And then I got distracted with researching my new laptop. And then I got excited to go see the models I was considering in person. So I asked him if he wanted to do a quick Bolocco dinner and then go look at the laptops.

Then Gina stopped by on her way to the gym (*ahem* hot tub) and instead of going with her like I should have, I put on the tea kettle and coaxed her into hanging out. Which was nice, since it had been way too long since we'd gotten to catch up. Gina and Michael wanted sushi, so we decided to go to a place near the Best Buy. Then Michael remembered that we needed fishing licenses (like, yesterday) so we went to Dick's, thinking it closed earlier than Best Buy.

Yeah, we got to Best Buy 10 minutes after it closed. I was a little irrationally crushed. I had told myself it was okay if I didn't get to the gym and the Danish tonight, because I could still really focus on it tomorrow. But now I want to go look at laptops tomorrow. But it's the last day of the month!!

We got home just in time for dorm meeting. Then, we had to go to the basement and look through our stuff that got flooded. Twice. And move some of it. And throw some of it away (including books! gasp!).

And then it was 11:00 already. And I was going to be in bed by 10:30.

And I didn't get to take a nap (after having only 3.5 hours sleep last night) and I didn't get to the gym. And I didn't get any Danish done at all. Or any work. Or a hot bath.

But I'll just focus on the nice dinner and talk I got to have with Gina and Michael. Tomorrow, though...well, the jury is still out. I clearly can't do 3.5 chapters of Danish in one night. So maybe I will go check out laptops. I guess we'll see....

No comments: